Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Here I Go! by Isaiah

Here is a story that Isaiah wrote based on a leaf falling off of a tree:

When I fell off, the positive things I felt were: courageous, being a leader, and growing up. I felt very courageous when I left the tree and started falling. I felt like I've escaped from prison or something like that. But I also felt scared, or frightened. I felt like I wasn't wanted in the group.

When the wind first turned me loose, I thought I would be killed. You see, this is what happened. First, I was sound asleep. Then, I woke up when I heard a crackle of thunder. I was about to go back to sleep, when a giant gust of wind hurled me off the tree. I plunged towards the grass below.

I was plunging towards the ground. Suddenly, another gust of air took me into a cave. It was so dark, I couldn't see anything. I felt like somebody was playing catch with me. Suddenly, another gush of air pushed me through more darkness.

Air was whooshing past me on every side. I kept on smashing into walls. It hurt really bad since it was solid rock. I kept spinning in circles and bringing down fragile stalactites. Suddenly, everything stopped and gravity sucked me down to the surface.

I landed on something very soft. I landed very lightly, and felt very weird. I felt I used to be strong and powerful. Then I was tiny and fragile. So, I just laid down and took a rest.

I had no more friends. I would never see my family again. Suddenly, I heard a soft sound beside me. It was my best friend! Oh, what a joy this was! This was the time of my life.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Holy Crud - You have a smart child Sara. I don't think my vocabulary nor my imagination was as sharp as this by FAR while growing up. Cool story Isaiah!