Saturday, October 31, 2009

HALLOWEEN!

We had an eventful Halloween this year. Nate's mom always throws a Halloween party right before Halloween, but with it being on a Saturday this year we had it on the actual day! She always goes all out! We had stories, games, songs, a pinata, and of course, lots of treats. I was a little disappointed in the photos because my camera started dying this day. Luckily you can actually see what the picture is of. You can tell that some of them are starting to go a little psychedelic. The next week I tried to take pictures and you couldn't see anything. After the party we went up to my parents' in Draper and went trick-or-treating. This was a posh place to get the goods. My kids EACH came back with, not exaggerating, 10 regular size candy bars, 2 cans of soda, and 4 huge pixie sticks. And of course lots of fun size stuff!
Here is our track star. Isaiah always has these amazing, original ideas for costumes. He always wants to make them. This year his dream was to be a centaur. For those of you who don't know that is a half-horse, half-man. He was planning on having Nate help him make the costume. It just became too complicated and he decided he would "just be a track star." His primary reason for this, he said, was so that he could run faster than everyone and get the most candy.
Grace was going to be Hermione from Harry Potter this year, but she ended up finding this hand-me-down Little Bo Peep costume instead. She looked really cute in it. The only thing I had to buy were the tights!
Here is Miles in his pirate costume. Don't you just love the beard? He had a great time being able to go trick-or-treating with just him and Isaiah. They ran from house to house and came back with a lot of loot!
Here's our Moses. I tried and tried to get him to be some cute little hand-me-down costume this year. I knew this was the last year that he would fit into any of them! I had a dog, a lion, a horse, and a really cool Power Ranger costume, but Qui-Gon-Jin from Star Wars won out. He calls him "the mustache guy." I think that is why he wouldn't relent because he wanted a beard and a mustache on his costume!
Here is our sweet little Monkey. If you only knew Ella's obsession with animals, monkeys being one of her favs. She played the perfect part with sound effects and everything. I loved the costume because it kept her so warm.

No comments: