Friday, October 2, 2009

UEA Break

For the UEA break, Nate took a few days off of work and we just played as a family. One of the places that we have frequented a lot this year is the This is the Place State Park. We have gone there a lot recently because Nate's parents have a grandparents pass and we can all get in for free. We brought a picnic lunch and ate right when we got there. I almost gave up on the day because I was FREEZING. I really don't have any love for the cold weather and this was one of the first of the LONG cold season. Nate's dad gave me his jacket and I survived!
Here is Moses on a pony ride. All of the kids went on one. I think Isaiah needs to graduate to a horse ride. He is getting really big! Actually I don't think he went on a horse this year, but everyone else did.
One of our favorite parts of the park is a little area where they have all of these baby animals roaming around freely. Ella especially loves this part because the animals are not so scary since they are more her size. She loves to chase around the goats and the lambs. I think they get quite annoyed by her after a while.
The ponies were a little on the big side for Ella. Actually she was excited to get onto a pony at first. While she was waiting first in line a horse started heading her direction and "neighed" at her really loud. The horse was probably only inches from her. That set her off and she didn't want to have anything to do with the horses after that.
Grace had the special touch. All of the animals would eat out of her hand. All of the other kids kept trying without any luck.
I kept thinking "some one's going down." But somehow they managed to play on and around this stream without getting wet.
My happy kids on the handcart. I'm sure under real circumstances they wouldn't look like this. They kept singing, "Pioneer, children sang as they walked and walked and walked and...." well, you get the idea. Nate taught them how to sing it like the people in England. Now they sing it with a little English accent.
This was at the end of the day, but I thought it was a cute one of all of them. Ella was definitely ready for her nap. We had a great time and are so grateful for grandparent passes that allows us to go to fun places together for free!

No comments: