Sunday, August 16, 2009

LAKE POWELL

We are blessed to have our Grandma and Grandpa Anderson who have a timeshare on a houseboat on Lake Powell for 2 weeks every summer. We would love to go and hang out with family for the both of the weeks, but in order to spread ourselves around to both of our families and friends we only get to make it for one of the weeks. Not to mention that Nate does have to work during the summer, he can't just take the whole summer off for fun! Here is our home for the week we are at the Lake. We enjoy the time we get to spend on the houseboat. Nate gets to sleep up on top with the older kids every night and I slept with mostly just Ella inside. We have a blast just hanging out with family that we don't get to see very often. We had Spencer, Kelli, and their kids, Darren, Teresa, and their kids, Grandma Clawson, Sean, Scott, Grandma and Grandpa Anderson, and Uncle Gordon. Lots of fun, with lots of family!
I always have too many pictures to share on a vacay like this! Here is a little collage of the fun we had around the boat. Moses LOVED going on the speed boat. He loves feeling the wind on his face. You'll also notice that his body was blue most of the week from the die in his life jacket rubbing off on him. Ella loved everything too. I was paranoid that she would just jump in the water. She loved being in the water and the boat. Isaiah spent the week hanging out with his cousin Colby. One of their favorite things was to play king-of-the-mountain on the tubes. Miles is our thoughtful swimmer. He decided that he would like to jump into the water someday, so to start he would climb in, then slip in, and then jump in. I think he got to jump in off of the back of the boat that was level with the water. He thinks that in a couple of years he'll gradually be able to jump off of cliffs like his sister. Miles also took "swimming lessons" from several uncles. He likes to know all of the technicals. Grace just loved spending time with her girl cousins. She is "boy trapped" a lot in our home and having girls around was paradise. There was never a moment when she wasn't in the water. She loved it all. Grace and her cousins were making future city plans for Lake Powell. They want to live there when they are older on a houseboat, but they want all of our modern conveniences close by. Good Luck with that one!
We had a lot of success in the water this year. Nate actually did stuff besides tubing. He got up on the knee board, and the surf board. After much trial he also got up on the wake board. I'm so proud of him. I was way excited and he could really care less. Isaiah got crazy on the inter tube, going for speed and bumps. Grace inter tubed and knee boarded. Miles tubed and knee boarded too, with much reservation! Moses went inter tubing and loved it. Ella enjoyed being in the boat too. She loved the speed and the music! I took it easy because I had sprained my ankle last summer wake boarding and I also jammed my finger the night before we left for Lake Powell. Thanks to Uncle Darren for taking us out so much. He must have made 3-4 runs a day! All of this action was very exciting to me because I usually can't get anyone in my family to do anything behind a boat. Before this summer all of the kids and Nate would only go on the tube. Yeah for progress!
This was the cliff that we all jumped by our houseboat. Poor Isaiah really didn't want to jump, but everyone was constantly encouraging him. Since Grace jumped many times off of this cliff, it made his attempts even harder for him. He never did actually jump, but he spent many hours in this position trying to get the courage to. I don't blame him. I am usually all over cliff jumping and when I went up to jump I couldn't get my footing and it freaked me out. I don't usually get uncomfortable jumping off cliffs even higher than this, but when you can't stand on your two feet to jump, it makes it pretty scary. Nate, Grace, and I all jumped this one though.
Here are the girls on our way from the houseboat to our car at Bullfrog Marina. They didn't want to part. I think they would all live together if they could. We had such a great time and look forward to going again next year!

No comments: