Friday, August 21, 2009

"School" Field Trip

As a consolation for Moses not being able to go to school with the other kids, we told him that we would take him to the Dinosaur Museum. This distracted him a little bit so he could actually ENJOY himself for a little while. When the kids first went back to school he spent the entire day naming every child he could think of in the neighborhood and they were all either in school or not home during the day. There is one little boy that he wants to play with frequently, but I'm afraid he might get a little sick of Moses wanting to play with him everyday.Nate was off work this day and we had such a great time with just the two kids. We brought lunch and had a picnic. It was kind of weird only having the two kids there with us. It reminded me of when we had just the two kids. How easy that was! I didn't think so at the time, but I didn't have to go around counting 5 heads all the time. There were two of us adults and two kids. Moses had a really good time and he has been playing really good with Ella recently which has made life even better for me!
I loved this picture of Ella. I remembered thinking how great it would be if something so simple such as swinging could provide me with such happiness and fun for a long time. Ella probably could have done this for hours and she was enjoying every minute of it!
The park had a new area that was partially shaded where you could uncover the dinosaur bones. Ella was having a hard time having fun because she stomped in a water puddle on the way over to the sand and so when she got in the sand it stuck to her feet. After I wiped off as much as I could she just followed Moses and Dad around and did whatever they did. She is learning so much each day and she is getting so grown up!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

I love that picture of Ella too. Dont you feel like everyday would be a great one if you could put your head back and just laugh like that. Moses sure is cute too!