Saturday, May 9, 2009

Isaiah's First Track Meet

Isaiah has discovered a recent love and talent in running. He is required to run the mile every Friday at school and he always comes home with an update of a record time. He seems to keep improving every week. Nate and I are training for a 12-man relay called the Wasatch Back. We have been running 2-4 miles several times a week and Isaiah has joined us a few times. When he runs with me I always feel like I'm holding him back. He beats me home every time. I happen to come across a track club one day while I was signing my kids up for summer arts. We decided to sign him up even though he was already doing soccer at the time. It's been pretty crazy trying to fit it all in, but he is loving track. Here is Isaiah after his first track meet. He took 1st in his age group in the 1500 Meters, first in the 400 M, and 2nd in the 800 M. We were so lucky to have grandma and grandpa Clawson around to take him to his meet in Salt Lake County. Nate had to work that day and I had to take Miles and Grace to their soccer games. We are both looking forward to seeing him run at his next meet!

No comments: