Wednesday, May 6, 2009

PRESENTS!

Everyone was very gracious to Isaiah for his birthday. Grace and Miles had the most fun. They spent all afternoon looking through their little treasure boxes to give Isaiah a present. They both ended up giving him $1 each along with several other little trinkets each. They also each made him a card. They were so generous and very thoughtful! No birthday of Isaiah's would be complete without a book. This years pick...Fablehaven 4. Grandma and Gramdpa Clawson know what makes Isaiah happy. Look at that smile!Grandma and Grandpa Pack gave Isaiah a watch. His old watch broke a few months ago and he has been begging for a new one. He especially likes that it is waterproof and it has a stopwatch on it. He has been excited to time himself running. He has become quite the little runner!
Because the kids were trying to find every last cent to give Isaiah for his birthday I ended up giving them $5 to buy Isaiah a present all together. The perfect gift: a blue light saber. Did I mention that my children have a slight obsession with Star Wars?
Isaiah has been asking for a camera for a while. He decided that he wanted to get a nice camera for his birthday. When I went to the store they were marking down all of the cameras as I was looking through them. This camera was heavily discounted and so I thought I would take a chance. I made a bad choice. This camera was the worst! I ended up taking it back the next day and buying the camera that I originally had budgeted for. It was a lot more money, but in this case it made a huge difference! Isaiah was very grateful for this gift. He has told me THANK-YOU a dozen times since!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Nate looks so excited in that 3rd pic! I'm glad he had a great day, and keep us up on his blog info!

Yvette said...

Looks like Isaiah had a great birthday! That's awesome that your other kids love him so much that they were trying to think of so many ways to give him a present

The Brown's said...

Hey Sara it was so fun to get a comment and find your blog. Your family is so cute. Isaiah looks like Spencer. I love your blog, I too live the good life! great title. Your cousin, Nicole