Saturday, December 12, 2009

Grace Performing

Grace has been in a performance group this year. It's kind of a long drive, but luckily we found someone to carpool with. She enjoys learning new songs and dance moves. This really is the perfect activity for her!
Here's Grace singing with the WHOLE group. To her right is her friend McKenna that she met when we set up our carpool. They have really hit-it-off and have become really good friends.
It's really hard to get a good picture of people in the motion of singing. I know because when I was practicing for the Relief Society General Meeting Choir, the chorister wanted us to all smile while we sang. I practiced in front of the mirror once and was embarrassed by what I saw. I can't smile and sing and look normal. I know that some women can do it, but it's not in my genetic make up. I thought this one was pretty good of Grace, but you should have seen some of the funny ones.
Grace had a chance to sing a solo at the Festival of the Trees celebration. I was really sick this weekend and couldn't go. I am so disappointed that I missed it. Nate said that she did a perfect job. There were about 450 people in the audience. She is getting lots of practice singing in front of big groups of people. Watch out American Idol, here she is in another 8 or 9 years!

1 comment:

alananddanielle said...

THAT'S GREAT-SOUNDS LIKE A PERFECT THING FOR HER TO ENJOY! YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD MOM-YOU ALWAYS LEAVE ME WANTING TO BE A BETTER MOM AFTER TALKING WITH YOU, THANKS!