Sunday, March 8, 2009

Temple Square

This day was a surprise day off. We woke up on Saturday and did some jobs around the house and realized that we had no plans for the rest of the day. I don't remember this happening in the past 6 months at least. We called up Mom and Dad Clawson and Spencer and Kelli and we all met down at temple square. It was really fun to just relax and enjoy the day. Here are the kids posing in front of the Christus Statue. It always humbles me to see this. The kids are always in awe of this statue and it reminds me of the innate knowledge that all of us has of Christ's amazing countenance. I'm not sure what Ella was looking at! Notice Moses' coat. He has decided that he likes to wear it backwards so that he can look down and see Lightning McQueen. I think he is brilliant. What kid wants to wear a piece of clothing with a picture on the back where they can't see the picture of the things that they are obsessed with at the moment. I get all kinds of comments around town. People must really think I'm stupid because they'll come up and tell me that his coat is on backwards. I've also had people laugh and tell me that he looks like he has a straight-jacket on!
My favorite thing is to see the kids looking up to the statue. They were so reverent and alert to what the voice was saying. There is such a spirit there...

Here is Ella all amazed.
And can we say, Future Ballerina! Well, maybe not right now with her body type, but she is very flexible. She spent a while trying to climb onto this bar. We thought she looked like a beautiful princess ballerina!

No comments: