Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Newest Member of the Church

The long awaited day finally arrived. It was a perfect day weather wise and Grace had a ton of friends and family come support her. It was so cute to see her up in the front row listening to the talks with all of her friends surrounding her. She appreciated everyone coming. I wish I had taken a picture of all of them together, but I was worrying about other details...like giving talks and preparing luncheons and such. I wish the moms could just sit back and enjoy it too! Here is a picture with mom and dad before the meeting started. She picked out this dress to get baptised in at the church. It was shorter than the ones that I have seen before, but it fit Grace really well.
Grace was very blessed to have her daddy baptise her. I don't realize how blessed we are with the priesthood in our home. It is something that I sometimes take for granted. Grace wasn't nervous at all! She was only worried a little about logistics like if she should wear her socks into the font and if someone would open the door when she was getting out of her wet clothes!
I really enjoy seeing my children make good decisions in their lives. I am so proud of Gracie for making this decision and really knowing what it means to keep promises to our Heavenly Father. I was privileged to give the talk on the Holy Ghost at the baptism. I enjoyed researching it out. I think that I've been pegged as the talk giver at all of my children's baptisms. It's become a tradition now, whether I like it or not!

1 comment:

Tami G. said...

Congratulations to Grace! You look so cute Sarah.